Online Student of the Block Fall 1 2016

Former Minor League Baseball Player named Wilmington University Online Student of the Block

Online student of the block fall 1 2016Tom Vessella has had an interesting path to becoming a Wilmington University Educational Leadership Doctoral student. Born and raised in Burbank, CA, he’s spent the last nine years playing professional minor league baseball. As he observes, “I have spent so much time on a baseball field that I could not see myself being anywhere else.” However, as Tom reflects, he notes that in his time as a professional athlete he’s “seen and experienced countless examples of what leadership can do to teams and individuals.”

Today, living back in his native Burbank, CA, Tom serves as the strength and assistant baseball coach at Hope International University. With an aim to one day oversee a collegiate athletic department, he enrolled in the Educational Leadership Doctoral Program (EDD) – Higher Education Concentration in January 2016. Asked why he chose Wilmington University, Tom says “I chose Wilmington University because of its flexibility and the possibility of combining my passions of baseball, education, and leadership.” Congratulations, Tom!

Comments

comments