Think you know everything about co-op? Here are some surprising facts:
- Online students from a distance, not just those who live locally, can participate in Wilmington University’s co-op program. If you cultivate your own co-op experience where you live, our office can help you and your employer through that process.
- Transfer students: Do you have a co-op or internship at your current school? You can bring that relationship with you and turn it into a WilmU co-op experience!
- Employers say they make full-time job offers to 50% of their interns and co-op students upon graduation (California State University, East Bay).
- Students who completed co-ops have higher starting salaries upon graduation than non-co-op graduates (Eastern Kentucky University).
- Wilmington University requires co-ops to have a minimum GPA requirement of 2.5, but many employers request that co-ops have GPAs of 3.0 and higher. Keep those grades up by attending class regularly and seeking help when you need it! Did you know that WilmU offers free tutoring services to ALL students through the Student Success Center? Learn more here: wilmu.edu/ssc
To learn more about the co-op program, visit wilmu.edu/coop or contact email@example.com.