National Distance Learning Week ! November 8th-12th 2010

During the week of November 8-12, Wilmington University along with other schools around the nation celebrate National Distance Learning Week by showcasing their programs for current and prospective students. Read more below about Wilmington University’s endeavors to celebrate NDLW.

Wilmington University Online students were encouraged to log on to Facebook and enter the Where’s Wiley Photo Competition. Check out the submissions below and click here to find out if your favorite picture won!

Wilmington University Online students and faculty were surveyed to find out what they enjoy most about online learning or teaching. Below is a sample of their responses:

• The flexibility of completing my work around my busy life. With online learning there is no excuse that one cannot complete their degree.
  • I learn more when I take online classes than going to school.
  • Direct, quick and fast way to learn.
  • It has flexible times and saves a lot of gas money.
  • I have met many interesting students from across the country. Students also get an opportunity to relate their experiences to the coursework.
  • The use of different technology to communicate during the semester. I really enjoyed his weekly messages to the class that he posted on YouTube.
  • I travel often for work; so online courses offer me the ability to stay in college while I advance my career.
  • Not fighting for parking on-site.

Did you know there are Wilmington University students in Hawaii? In fact, students are taking classes in 415 different zip codes across the US! Each red marker on the map below represents one of these zip codes.

7

Check out this video for other interesting facts about Wilmington University Online that may surprise you.