Adjunct Faculty – Wilmington University College of Technology
As Strategic Information Systems Project Leader for the Delaware Department of State I have over 35 years of administrative and technical exposure in the computer industry. In addition, I have over 14 years of teaching experience as an adjunct professor at Wilmington University.
My experience participating in committees at both State and National Level are as follows:
- Member of Project Membership Institute (PMI)
- Member of the High Tech Crimes Investigation Association (HTCIA)
- Past Chair of Information Security Office (ISO) Steering Committee
- Member of INFRAGARD – InfraGard is a Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) program
- Part Member of the Architectural Review Board that reviews all State IT project requests
- Member of the Delaware Network Users Group (DELNUG)
- Information Resource Manager (IRM) for the Dept of State
- Past Chair of the IRM Strategic Planning Working Group – it’s mission is the development of an Enterprise Architecture (EA) to support cross agency/school district collaboration, transformation and statewide improvement.
- Past member of IRM Policy and Standards Work Group – developing Policies/Standards for the State of DE.
- Past member of IRM Secure E-mail Working Group – responsible for evaluating and selecting a vendor to secure the e-mail for all State Departments and Schools.
- Past Member of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) represented the State Insurance Dept. on all IT initiatives
- Past Member of the Information Systems (H) Task Force – provides regulator-based technology expertise to the Information Resources Management (H) Committee
- Past Member of the National Technical Architecture Working Group (NTAWG) – developing standards and techniques for use by the NAIC, States and industry for information technology development efforts.
- Past Member of the Strategic Systems Planning Working Group (SSPWG) – developing a Uniform Business Model
- Past Chair of the Technical Consulting (TCWG) Working Group – providing advice on technology matters to the Information Resource Management (H) Committee on all NAIC projects.
In addition, I am working on advisory committees with two Delaware colleges, the Computer Information Systems advisory committee with Delaware Technical Community College and Information Systems Management committee with Wilmington University. I am presently responsible for developing and teaching multiple security courses, SEC 210, SEC420, SEC330/6030, and SEC6060 for Wilmington University which are part of Computer Network Security (CNS) and Information Assurance (IA) degree programs. Also I have developed and implemented a number of Distant Learning courses. The SEC 330/6030 DIS course will be the first courses developed for Wilmington University that utilized virtualization for its lab exercises.